Before becoming a freelancer, I created two talent development teams from the ground up. These days, I partner with clients to develop customized talent strategies to achieve their business goals and gain competitive advantage.
Talent development and talent management are focused on developing leaders, building high-functioning teams, and improving organizational effectiveness. I partner with my clients to develop a strategy that is extremely actionable (no fluff!) and will achieve results within a short timeframe.
These are not cookie-cutter solutions. To be successful, talent development strategies must align with the organizational culture and be supported by the leadership team. I work as a member of your team to get the job done.
Work may potentially involve:
- Qualitative interviews and/or employee surveys to identify needs and assess gaps
- Leadership and employee workshops to clarify the organization’s mission, vision, values, and talent management philosophy
- Development of a full talent development strategy, which may include anything from creating basic HR talent management processes and tools to identifying specific hiring needs to developing specific training modules needed to improve performance
- Change management consulting and communication plans
- Development of employee onboarding process and training program
- Creation and/or delivery of training modules with supporting documentation, job aids, assessments, coaching materials, and manager talking points
- Leadership development and high-potential talent retention programs
- Customized management skills training (change management, coaching, performance management, one-on-one employee meetings, effective business communications, team building, employee development)
- Sales effectiveness and presentation skills training
- Product training